Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Update on my brother

Just a quick update on Steve - the operation went well, he did great and had no complications. They ended up having to remove the whole lower lobe of the lung, but we had sort of expected that's what they were going to have to do.

He is still mostly sleeping a lot, but they've got him on an epidural to manage the pain for the next couple of days, so he is really feeling pretty well. The drug they're giving him in the epidural makes him itchy, so they're giving him something else to combat that which makes him pretty drowsy. They were about to move him from the ICU to a regular room when I was visiting earlier this evening, which is great.

I'm doing great myself, not worrying about him nearly as much as last time. I had to pick him and my dad up at 5:30 a.m. yesterday to be at the hospital by 6. Was a really long day yesterday, and I spent a lot of time at the hospital today, so I've just now finished up working for the day. I'm wiped. Otherwise, we're all good. That's pretty much it for now, so far so good. Keep us in your thoughts!

No comments: