Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week 26 of the JellyBean Progression

Week 26
Time marches on! And there’s no hiding that there’s a baby in here anymore. Not that I ever was, but nowadays the baby bump is more mountain than molehill and JellyBean is making her presence known well and often. Plus this week her hearing is developing further and she weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. Well, at least the cucumber reference is a lot more relevant than last week’s rutabaga.

In general, I am feeling pretty good. Still no persistent backache and I am sleeping okay – still using the multiple pillow/flying buttress system I developed with Fletch and so despite multiple waking in the night, I am usually able to go right back to sleep. (Even sometimes when there is a surprise two year old climbing in to be with me!)

Mr. Fantastic has gotten to feel JellyBean kicking a few more times which he always enjoys. And I am still feeling HUGE, mostly because I can’t bend over anymore and have the grace of a hippo getting in and out of the car. At least this time around we have a different car, which is not so low to the ground and so Mr. F doesn’t actually have to hoist me in and out. So far I can still do it by myself. And we are working with Fletch to have him climb into his carseat himself so I don’t have to lift him in anymore. He is surprisingly cooperative with this endeavor (so far – I’m sure just until the novelty wears off!). Fletch weighs almost 30 lbs now so he is getting to be a bit of a chore for me to lift. And also to hold or carry – it’s kind of funny to see him try to get situated on my hip like he’s used to doing because now he can’t get his little leg around my front to hold on. So a lot of time when I pick him up, he seats himself waay high up on my waist so he can sling his leg around my front over my belly. But this places him way up high so that his head is higher than mine. He’s not used to being so tall when Mommy carries him!

Next appointment isn’t until 4/11, when I’m supposed to do the glucose test. Still looking into alternatives for that. One thing I may have to end up doing is just a basic blood sugar check 4 times a day for a week. Since I still have all the testing stuff left from when I was pregnant with Peanut, that shouldn’t be a big deal. In fact, I may just go ahead and do it proactively the first week of April and bring my results to Dr. Owens on the 11th and see what else she might want to do.

No comments: